Mavukani Trading Enterprises was established in 2006, with the purpose of manufacturing camp tents for disaster management. However, as the wise man says “if a window of opportunity appears, don’t pull down the shade” - as a result of many new opportunities, and assistance from government agencies, in particular the Department of Trade and Industry, Mavukani has expanded its operations into the world of tent manufacturing and hiring of products for all events and functions, and event management.
The establishment of Mavukani has proudly contributed to the government policy of poverty alleviation, creating job opportunities for men and women in the historically disadvantaged community of Edendale.
Mavukani Trading Enterprise is a family owned Enterprise, offering over 10 years of combined tent manufacturing and hiring experience.
Our main products vary from Aluminium frame tents, Steel frame tents, Stretch tents, Peg and Poles tents, Disaster camp tents, Lounge Suite furniture, Mobile toilets and Mobile chillers to Ambulance conversions.
Aluminium frame tents are our prime product for both hiring and sales. They have the advantage of being very versatile, so can be used for the smallest event, right through to the largest international event. These tents are easy to pitch and easy to dismantle.
Mavukani Trading Enterprise nutures the vision of becoming the most competitive and reliable manufacturing company in South Africa.
To manufacture and hire out customised and standard tents, camp tents, marquees, boat covers, truck-tarps, chairs, tables, draping, side curtains and portable toilets.
We will provide a work environment where our employees can meet their potential and thrive in an atmosphere of excellence. We will strive to be the industry standard in customer service excellence. We will maintain a superior level of integrity in interactions with business partners and associates. We will appreciate our achieved success and conduct our business as model corporate citizens.
It is the policy of Mavukani Trading Enterprise to conduct its operations in a manner that is environmentally responsible and befitting of a good corporate neighbour and citizen. In accordance with this policy, the company complies with all environmental laws and manages all phases of its business in a manner that minimises the impact of its operations on the environment.
To further this policy, the company will strive to:
• Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations to which the business falls under
• Prevent pollution whenever possible
• Communicate our environmental commitment and efforts to our customers, staff and our community.
• Periodically review and demonstrate continuous improvement in the company’s environmental performance, including areas not subject to regulations
HEALTHY & SAFETY POLICY
As part our commitment to achieving the principles of health and safety in our work place, we recognise our moral and legal obligation to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors. The company will adopt procedures to:
• Provide and maintain healthy and safe workplaces and systems of work
• Provide written procedures and instructions to ensure safe work practices
• Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards
• Provide support and assistance to employees and involve them in consultation on safety issues
• Provide such information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors and customers as is necessary to ensure their continued health and safety; and for them to be able to recognise hazards which may affect the health and well-being of themselves, others or the environment.
• To ensure that these policies are well in place and properly implemented.
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES / VALUES
Being open and honest in all our dealings and maintaining the highest integrity at all times; we keep our promises and strive for excellence and quality in everything we do.
Taking ownership of our customer’s needs - being accountable for friendly, professional service and making sure they deserve our service - timely, responsibly and aiming to delight.
Unearthing the potential of employees, recognising and rewarding their contribution and efforts.
We value learning, feedback, coaching and mentoring. We work with urgency and commitment to be successful, from the individual and a company perspective.
Continual innovation, always pushing the limit of our knowledge, discovering new ways to create and manufature our products in different and surprising ways.
Absolute compliance with all government legislation and policies.
OUR PRODUCTS: ALUMINIUM FRAME TENTS | STRETCH TENTS | STEEL FRAME TENTS | DOME/ALPINE TENTS | PEG AND POLE | DISASTER CAMP & MILITARY TENTS | BOAT COVERS | TRUCK TARPS | CHAIRS - PLASTIC | CHAIRS - TIFFANY | MOBILE TOILETS & CHILLERS | UMBRELLAS | FURNITURE | HIRING | CATERING | WEDDINGS | CONVERSIONS